MEDITERRANEAN PASTA SALAD – meal prep sunday ep. 1
This Mediterranean pasta salad is one of my favorite things to meal prep right now. It’s filling, yet it still feels light, and it tastes so good that it feels restaurant-worthy. I use dairy-free feta to ensure it keeps better, and during meal times, I just eat it straight out of the container with a fork!
You can see how easy it is to make this salad in my youtube video above!
– 14oz spiral pasta (I use gluten-free)
– 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (from a jar, soaked in oil)
– 280g cherry tomatoes (10 oz)
– 2 big handfuls baby spinach (roughly chopped)
– 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
– 100g feta (about 1 cup, I use dairy-free)
– 6 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
– 1 tsp dijon mustard
– 1 tsp maple syrup
– 2 tsp dried herbs
– salt and pepper
How to make it:
– Cook the pasta and then let it cool.
– Slice up the sun-dried tomatoes, halve the cherry tomatoes (optional), roughly chop the spinach and feta (I use dairy-free as it keeps better in a salad), and finely chop the onion.
– Add all of the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and mix.
– Combine all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
– Serve between big or small containers to store, cover with airtight lids and store in the fridge.
Portions: Serves 6 (in 6 x 30 oz containers)
Calories: 450 calorie per serving
How it keeps: 5 days (lasts longer with dairy-free feta cheese)
Recipe by Liezl for liezljayne.com