CHOC CHIP BANANA OVERNIGHT OATS – MEAL PREP SUNDAY EP. 3
This is a weight-loss breakfast that doesn’t feel like a weight-loss breakfast, and it’s one of the easiest things to meal prep. You can meal prep enough for the whole week; it’s not really more work to prep multiple servings.
It’s balanced with all the food groups (carbs, fats, protein, fiber), it’s only about 400 calories (which is a good amount of calories for a weight loss breakfast), and it’s really yummy!
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP OVERNIGHT OATS – serves 3, roughly 400 cal per serving
- 3 medium ripe bananas (smashed)
- 1 + 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 + 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips (I use Lilly’s)
- 3 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- Optional: extra chocolate chips for topping
How to prep:
- Smash the 3 bananas with a fork and add to a mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Serve the overnight oat batter between 3 x 12 oz jars to make 3 portions
- Optionally sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top of the oats
- Cover the jars with airtight lids and store them in the fridge
How to eat:
- I like to eat these overnight oats with a spoon straight from the jar!
See how easy it is to make these overnight oats in my weight-loss meal prep video (below). In the video, I’ll also show you how easy it is to incorporate this breakfast into a weekly weight-loss meal plan!
Recipe and photos by Liezl Jayne for liezljayne.com